What is FastMail Tab? And how does it work?
FastMail Tab, also known as Fastmailtab.com, is a search engine that allegedly integrates email services that supposedly allow users quick access to their recent emails together with a selection of links to popular websites such as Amazon, Gmail, Yahoo, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, etc. It has several versions made for each browser like Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Internet Explorer. It also requires the following privileges upon installation:
- Read and modify all your data on the websites you visit.
- Replace the new tab page.
- Manage other extensions, apps, and themes in your browser.
FastMail Tab may seem like a useful browser extension, however, it is actually categorized as a browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program. The changes made to the default settings of the browser are actually done without your consent and that once they are applied, you won’t be able to modify them easily which is why some users often refer to FastMail Tab as a “virus” though it isn’t really one. Aside from unwanted changes to your browser, this browser hijacker also monitors your browsing activities in order to collect information.
The information collected may be used to deliver you tons of personalized and customized ads. Some of these ads are intrusive that could eventually ruin your browsing experience. What’s more, is that the data it gathers may be shared with its affiliated sites which could lead to several privacy and security issues. Thus, you need to delete FastMail Tab from your computer before it’s too late.
How does FastMail Tab travel the web?
Make sure to follow the removal instructions provided below to successfully uninstall FastMail Tab from your browser and computer.
Step_1: You need to close the browser infected with FastMail Tab. And if you can’t close it manually, you can close it using the Task Manager instead. Tap the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys and open the Task Manager.
Step_2: Next, look for the process of your browser, right-click on it and select End task or End process to close it.
Step_3: Afterwards, tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type “appwiz.cpl” in the field and press Enter to open the Programs and Features in Control Panel.
Step_4: From the list of programs installed, look for any programs that could be related to FastMail Tab or any suspicious program you don’t remember installing under the list of installed programs, and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step_5: Edit your Hosts File.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain Fastmailtab.com.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step_6: Now you have to flush the DNS cache of your computer. To do so, right-click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Step_7: After that, restart your computer and then open your browsers and reset them back to their default state.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
- Restart your computer.
Step_8: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step_9: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated with the browser hijacker such as the software bundle it came with and delete it/them.
Step_10: Close the File Explorer and empty the contents of Recycle Bin.
Congratulations, you have just removed FastMail Tab in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit fixmypcfree.com daily.
Now that’s how you remove FastMail Tab in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.