What is Stream2watch.ws Redirect? And how does it work?
Stream2watch.ws is a questionable website that supposedly allows users to stream TV shows and IPTV online. It is promoted as “the best place to watch live sports streaming online”. It claims to provide users with access to any Sports match and game. Although it may seem like a useful tool it only brings nothing but unwanted ads and often causes redirects to some suspicious sites which is why it is referred to as Stream2watch.ws Redirect. It is categorized as a browser hijacker and a potentially unwanted program due to its suspicious behavior like changing the default settings of a browser without a user’s consent.
If Stream2watch.ws gets installed, you will notice changes as you browse the internet. One of these changes is the sudden increase in the number of advertisements which shows that this browser hijacker gets revenue by displaying sponsored content. You will also encounter redirects to unknown and dubious sites that might contain malicious content. Also bear in mind that like any other browser hijacker, Stream2watch.ws can monitor and track all your browsing activities to collect information such as:
- Your search queries
- The type of browser you’re using
- Language of your browser
- OS version
- IP address
- Date and time of your searches
- Cookies and related Data
- Other Information (including personal information)
As you can see, nothing good can come out of keeping this browser hijacker installed on your computer. If you want to continue browsing the web without pesky ads, it would be better if you get rid of Stream2watch.ws Redirect before it’s too late.
How does Stream2watch.ws Redirect spread over the web?
Stream2watch.ws Redirect could spread over the web using several ways. It mostly uses deceptive ads as well as freeware and shareware bundles. These are free software packages and are commonly known as software bundles. They can be found on free sharing sites or peer-to-peer networks. Stream2watch.ws Redirect is added as one of the optional programs in these packages and you won’t find out its existence until you’re done with the installation. This is the tricky part about installing software bundles. To avoid unwanted programs from getting installed, you must always use the Advanced or Custom setup instead of the standard one.
To get rid of Stream2watch.ws Redirect from your computer, refer to the removal guide laid out below.
Step_1: First, you have to close the browser infected with the Stream2watch.ws Redirect. And if you can’t close it manually, you can close it using the Task Manager instead. Tap the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys and open the Task Manager.
Step_2: Next, look for the process of your browser, right-click on it and select End task or End process to close it.
Step_3: Afterwards, tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type “appwiz.cpl” in the field and press Enter to open the Programs and Features in Control Panel.
Step_4: From the list of programs installed, look for any programs that could be related to Stream2watch.ws Redirect or any suspicious program you don’t remember installing under the list of installed programs and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step_5: After that, restart your computer and then open your browsers and reset them back to their default state.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
- Restart your computer.
Step_6: Edit your Hosts File.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain Stream2watch.ws.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step_7: Now you have to flush the DNS cache of your computer. To do so, right-click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Step_8: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step_9: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated with the Stream2watch.ws Redirect such as the software bundle it came with and delete it/them.
Step_10: Close the File Explorer and empty the contents of Recycle Bin.
Congratulations, you have just removed Stream2watch.ws Redirect in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit fixmypcfree.com daily.
Now that’s how you remove Stream2watch.ws Redirect in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.