This post will show you some suggestions you can check out if any of your hardware has suddenly stopped working and you see an error message that says, “This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed, (Code 24)” in the Device Manager.
You can encounter this kind of issue anytime where any hardware like the keyboard, mouse, as well as printer, can suddenly stop working. The Device Driver Error Code 24 signifies that the problem is caused by some incorrect installation of the device. It could also mean a hardware failure, or there might be a need for a new driver.
If the devices have been prepared for removal, they stay in this state. And once you remove the device, the error disappears. The main causes for this error as follows:
- Incorrect installation of hardware.
- Faulty hardware.
- Outdated or corrupted driver.
To fix the “This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed, (Code 24)” error, here are some things you need to try:
Option 1 – Try to run the Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter
Running the Troubleshooter in a Windows 10 PC is simple and easy. Just follow these steps:
- Tap the Win + I buttons to open the Windows Settings panel.
- Next, go to Update & Security and then to Troubleshoot.
- From there, you should find the section of Hardware and Devices on your right-hand side. Click on it and then click on the Run the troubleshooter button.
- After that, you need to follow the screen options to get it to work.
Note: You can also run the Keyboard Troubleshooter or the Printer Troubleshooter if either your keyboard or printer is not working.
Option 2 – Try to unplug the device and check
There are times when the problem is caused by some faulty hardware on your computer so you have to unplug all the hardware from your computer and then plug them back one by one and identify which one of them is having some problems – with this, you can verify if the problem is really due to a faulty hardware or not. So if any of the devices is not working properly or you get the same error message right after you plug a particular device, you should be able to point out the culprit.
Option 3 – Try to update or reinstall the device driver
You can also update your existing device driver or uninstall and then reinstall it if you see this error message when you check the keyboard and mouse. From there, you can check if the device is working or not. To do that, follow the steps below.
- Tap the Win + R keys to launch Run.
- Type in devmgmt.msc into the box and tap Enter or click OK to open the Device Manager.
- After that, a list of device drivers will be displayed. Look for the device driver you and then select either “Update driver” or “Uninstall device”. And if you find any “Unknown device”, you need to update it as well.
- Select the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option and then follow the instructions to complete the process.
- If you have chosen to uninstall the driver, follow the screen options to complete the process and then restart your PC.
- Connect the device and Scan for hardware changes – you can see this option under Device Manager > Action.
There is a one-click solution you could check out to fix the “This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed, (Code 24)” error if none of the options given above worked out for you. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using PC Cleaner Pro. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/pccleanerpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading PC Cleaner Pro. The installation will start automatically once a download is done.
- Click OK to launch PC Cleaner Pro.
- Run the program and click the Click to Start Scan button to perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click the FIX ALL