What is Bandoo?
The malware Bandoo is a free add-on that enhances and flowers your chat conversations and email messages. It mainly supports MSN messenger, Gmail, Facebook and other popular instant messaging applications as well as other web services. Through Bandoo, it gives people new ways to express themselves using emoticons, nudges, winks, and funny images as well. Basically, it’s not a virus or a spyware. It’s just mainly fun tool to have, no Trojans, adware or other malicious software. Despite that Bandoo has a very well written FAQ section, some people who wanted to remove it just can’t find a way to completely uninstall Bandoo from their computers. More often than not, is not the Bandoo itself, but it’s basically the Bandoo web browser add-ons and other components. For instance, one of our readers said that Bandoo came bundled with Searchqu toolbar and he confessed that even he already removed the program, Searchqu toolbar was still active in both web browsers such as in IE and Firefox. This is a very common problem. It is definitely unknown whether the authors of Bandoo leave the Searchqu toolbar uninstalled intentionally or not. But the truth is, that’s really annoying. You can follow remove Bandoo and related add-ons from your computer by following the removal instructions given below.
Files installed by Bandoo:
Program executable: bandoo.exe
Path: C:\Program Files\bandoo\bandoo.exeC:\Program Files\bandoo\bandoo.exe
Bandoo Coordinator is the core Windows Service for the Bandoo program. Bandoo Media bundles and advertises other Bandoo Media programs that are typically unwanted such as Window Search, Bandoo and Searchqu Toolbars. These prorgams are known…
- BandooGo.exe – Bandoo (Bandoo Go)
- BandooRes.dll – Bandoo Resources
- BandooUI.exe – Bandoo Coordinator UI
- BndCore.exe – Bandoo Core
- CrashRpt.dll – Bandoo Crash Report
- ExtensionsManager.exe – Extensions Manager
- PreUninstall.exe – Bandoo Uninstall
- uninstaller.exe – Bandoo Install
- ffext.exe – ffext (ffext Install)
- GIFAnimator.dll – GifAnimator
- BndHook.dll (by Discordia Limited) – BndHook
How to remove Bandoo?
Basic steps of SpyRemover Pro:
Step 1. Run SpyRemover Pro installer
Click on the .exe file that just downloaded in the lower right corner of your browser window.
Step 2. Click Yes
Click Yes to accept the User Account Control settings dialog.
Step 3. Foll0w setup instructions
Follow the instructions to get SpyRemover Pro set up on your computer and you will be good to go!
Manually remove Bandoo:
- On the Start menu (for Windows 8, right-click the screen’s bottom-left corner), click Control Panel, and then, under Programs, do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall a Program.
- Windows XP: Click Add or Remove Programs.
- When you find the program Bandoo, click it, and then do one of the following:
- Windows Vista/7/8: Click Uninstall.
- Windows XP: Click the Remove or Change/Remove tab (to the right of the program).
- Follow the prompts. A progress bar shows you how long it will take to remove Bandoo.