What is Ketintontrat.info Redirect? And how does it function?
Ketintontrat.info Redirect is yet another browser redirect that presents a pop-up message asking users to click on the Allow button to show notifications from Ketintontrat.info – a suspicious site that displays tons of ads like pop-ups, banners, and in-text links. When you click on the Allow button, Ketintontrat.info will keep on bombarding your computer with pesky ads even when your browser is closed. And even if you click on the Block button, you could still get redirected to this shady website especially if there’s an unwanted program or adware installed on your computer.
Some of these ads displayed in Ketintontrat.info can redirect you to other suspicious websites that might contain malicious contents that could potentially harm your computer. After all, it isn’t called “Ketintontrat.info Redirect” and is categorized as an unwanted program for nothing. Moreover, sites like this can also track your browsing activities and collect browsing-related data like your browsing history, search queries, ads you’ve clicked, websites you frequently visit, IP address, and many more.
How does Ketintontrat.info Redirect spread over the web?
Ketintontrat.info Redirect, like other annoying browser redirects, circulates the web using deceptive ads as well as adware programs. These adware programs are often found on free sharing sites being distributed as software bundles and in case you don’t know, this kind of software package contains not just one but two or more programs in it which means that when you install it, you could end up installing all the programs in the package. To prevent that from happening, you have to use the Custom or Advanced setup and not the standard one.
Refer to the removal instructions given below to erase Ketintontrat.info Redirect from your browser and computer.
Step_1: You need to close the browser infected with the Ketintontrat.info Redirect. And if you can’t close it manually, you can close it using the Task Manager instead. Tap the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys and open the Task Manager.
Step_2: Next, look for the process of your browser, right-click on it and select End task or End process to close it.
Step_3: Afterwards, tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type “appwiz.cpl” in the field and press Enter to open the Programs and Features in Control Panel.
Step_4: From the list of programs installed, look for any programs that could be related to Ketintontrat.info or any suspicious program you don’t remember installing under the list of installed programs, and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step_5: Edit your Hosts File.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain Ketintontrat.info.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step_6: Now you have to flush the DNS cache of your computer. To do so, right-click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Step_7: After that, restart your computer and then open your browsers and reset them back to their default state.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
- Restart your computer.
Step_8: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step_9: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated with the browser redirect such as the software bundle it came with and delete it/them.
Step_10: Close the File Explorer and empty the contents of Recycle Bin.
Congratulations, you have just removed Ketintontrat.info Redirect in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit fixmypcfree.com daily.
Now that’s how you remove Ketintontrat.info Redirect in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.