What is Inquirygravy.club Redirect? And how does it work?
Inquirygravy.club is a questionable website that is categorized as a browser redirect and a potentially unwanted program or PUP. It displays a pop-up alert that asks users to click on the Allow Notifications button to get notifications from Inquirygravy.club. and when you click on that button, you will not only experience redirects to this site but also to other suspicious sites. This is why it is also known as “Inquirygravy.club Redirect”. Although Inquirygravy.club Redirect does not modify any changes in the system, most users still refer to it as a virus as it can still perform these changes in browsers:
- Inject suspicious browser extensions, toolbars, add-ons, and bookmarks
- Deliver an increasing amount of sponsored contents
- Redirect users to dozens of questionable sites
As mentioned, some of the ads displayed by this adware could take you to suspicious sites that may trick you into answering an online survey where you have to provide your personal information in exchange for a bogus price. You must not answer such survey as the crooks behind Inquirygravy.club Redirect might only collect and misuse them. What’s more, is that you could also end up seeing alarming scam alerts telling you that your computer or your sensitive data is at risk. These kinds of alerts are known as tech support scams. Therefore, unless you get rid of Inquirygravy.club Redirect from your computer, you will keep getting all these redirects that will eventually ruin your browsing experience.
Additionally, according to researchers, Inquirygravy.club Redirect is just like a typical unwanted program that monitors your browsing-related habits to gather your information such as IP address, search queries, websites you frequently visit, ads you’ve clicked, browsing history, and more. All this information is at risk if you continue using this search engine as it shares that information with these affiliated third-party groups and might misuse them for their very own benefit. The information is usually used to bring in more personalized and customized ads to entice users more to click on them which, as a result, earn them profit through pay-per-click marketing. However, what’s even more alarming is that some of these ads might only redirect you to highly suspicious websites such as phishing websites, or worse, malware-laden websites. If you don’t want to expose your computer to certain threats and if you really value your privacy and security, then the removal of Inquirygravy.club Redirect should be done immediately.
How does Inquirygravy.club Redirect spread online?
Like all other browser redirects and unwanted programs, Inquirygravy.club Redirect spreads via software bundles. It is attached to the bundle as one of the extra components in the package. So you need to use the Custom or Advanced setting in order to remove unwanted programs like Inquirygravy.club Redirect the next time you install freeware or shareware.
Erase the Inquirygravy.club Redirect from your browsers and computer as well as the adware program that triggers it with the help of the following removal instructions.
Step_1: First, you need to close all the browsers affected by Inquirygravy.club Redirect. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step_2: Next, go to Processes and look for the process of the browser you’re unable to close as well as other dubious processes that could be related to Inquirygravy.club Redirect and then right-click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step_3: Then open the Programs and Features section in Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step_4: From the list of programs installed, look for any suspicious program that could be related to Inquirygravy.club Redirect and then Uninstall them.
Step_5: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain Inquirygravy.club Redirect.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step_6: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Open Firefox and click the icon that looks like three stacked lines located at the top-right section of the browser.
- Next, select the question mark icon from the drop-down menu.
- Then select “Troubleshooting information” from the slide-out menu.
- After that, click on the “Reset Firefox” button located at the top-right section of the newly opened web page.
- Now select “Reset Firefox” in the confirmation pop-up window that appears.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
Step_7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step_8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated with Inquirygravy.club Redirect as well as the adware program that’s behind it and deletes it/them.
Step_9: Close the File Explorer.
Step_10: Empty the Recycle Bin and afterward, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right-click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Congratulations, you have just removed Inquirygravy.club Redirect in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit fixmypcfree.com daily.
Now that’s how you remove Inquirygravy.club Redirect in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.