What is Right Coupon Pop-up Ads? And how does it work?
Right Coupon Pop-up Ads is the term used to describe a series of pop-up advertisements by Right Coupon. Beware though as these ads can’t be trusted and chances are when you click on them, you’ll get redirected to a shady website. Due to the number of ads Right Coupon displays, it is dubbed as Right Coupon Pop-up Ads and is categorized as an ad-supported program and a PUP.
As soon as Right Coupon Pop-up Ads infiltrates your computer, it will make modifications in the system, specifically by changing the default settings of the browsers in the computer.
These changes affect the default home page, new tab URL, and even the search provider. In most cases, Right Coupon Pop-up Ads drops add-ons on Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari, and other browsers. So when users browse the web they’ll start seeing a bunch of ads that mostly consist of discounts, coupons, offers, and deals on the online shopping website. According to researchers, the main goal of this ad-supported program is to lure users into downloading and installing highly suspicious toolbars and other products they claim to be “handy” so that developers of Right Coupon Pop-up Ads can increase their revenue – no wonder it is categorized both as an adware and a potentially unwanted program.
You have to be careful though – some of these ads can be quite misleading in a way that redirects you to websites that are suspicious such as phishing websites that will try to obtain your personal information in the guise of a survey. Thus, Right Coupon Pop-up Ads can’t be trusted and could only lead you to potential security and privacy issues if you keep it installed on your computer.
How does Right Coupon Pop-up Ads circulate the web?
Right Coupon Pop-up Ads is hidden among the optional components in a freeware or shareware package. In other words, it circulates online and gets installed in an unknowing user’s PC through software bundles. Right Coupon Pop-up Ads is one of the optional components in a free software package you can normally find on free sharing sites. To avoid suspicious programs like this, make sure that when you install any freeware or shareware, you do so through a Custom or Advanced installation setup.
Erase Right Coupon Pop-up Ads from your browsers and computer as well as the adware program that triggers it with the help of the following removal instructions.
Step_1: Close all the browsers affected by Right Coupon Pop-up Ads. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step_2: Next, go to Processes and look for the process of the browser you’re unable to close as well as other dubious processes that could be related to Right Coupon Pop-up Ads and then right-click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step_3: Then open the Programs and Features section in Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step_4: From the list of programs installed, look for any suspicious program that could be related to Right Coupon Pop-up Ads and then Uninstall them.
Step_5: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Right Coupon Pop-up Ads.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step_6: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Open Firefox and click the icon that looks like three stacked lines located at the top-right section of the browser.
- Next, select the question mark icon from the drop-down menu.
- Then select “Troubleshooting information” from the slide-out menu.
- After that, click on the “Reset Firefox” button located at the top-right section of the newly opened web page.
- Now select “Reset Firefox” in the confirmation pop-up window that appears.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
Step_7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step_8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated with Right Coupon Pop-up Ads as well as the adware program that’s behind it and delete it/them.
Step_9: Close the File Explorer.
Step_10: Empty the Recycle Bin and afterward, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right-click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Congratulations, you have just removed Right Coupon Pop-up Ads in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit fixmypcfree.com daily.
Now that’s how you remove Right Coupon Pop-up Ads in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.