What is Ouo.io Ads? And how does it work?
Ouo.io is a questionable site that displays different kinds of ads. It claims to shorten URLs and helps users earn money by getting paid for every other user who visits the URL. It may look like a comfortable way to earn money online but don’t let it’s too good to be true advertisement fool you for it’s actually an ad-supported program or adware and a potentially unwanted program.
Ouo.io is mostly known as Ouo.io Ads and sometimes Ouo.io virus because of the number of intrusive ads it delivers to users.
Once this program is installed, it will modify the settings of the browsers installed in the system so users won’t have any choice but to use Ouo.io whenever they browse the web. Aside from that, this unwanted program can also monitor users’ activities over the web to gather the information that includes their search queries, ads clicked, websites they often visit, and other similar information. The information it obtains is used to produce more targeted and customized ads to lure users into clicking them which adds to the profit they get via pay-per-click marketing.
How do Ouo.io Ads spread over the web?
Make sure to erase Ouo.io Ads from your browser and computer with the help of the removal guide provided below.
Step_1: Start by opening the Task Manager by simply pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys.
Step_2: Next, go to Processes and look for dubious processes that could be related to Ouo.io Ads and then right-click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step_3: Then open the Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step_4: Look for any suspicious program that could be the one that triggers the Ouo.io Ads and then Uninstall it.
Step_5: Close all the browsers affected by Ouo.io Ads. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step_6: After you open the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the infected browser’s process and end it.
Step_7: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Ouo.io Ads.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step_8: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for Ouo.io Ads or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Select “Open a specific page or set of pages”.
- Click the More actions button next to the hijacker and click Remove.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Step_9: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step_10: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated with Ouo.io Ads and delete it/them.
Step_11: Close the File Explorer.
Step_12: Empty the Recycle Bin.
Step_13: Afterwards, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right-click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Congratulations, you have just removed Ouo.io Ads in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit fixmypcfree.com daily.
Now that’s how you remove Ouo.io Ads in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.