What is Robotornotchecks.site Redirect? And how does it work?
Robotornotchecks.site is a questionable website that you can visit inadvertently while browsing the web. It may look like a typical website that prompts you to verify if you are not a robot, however, it’s not since it’s actually a browser redirect and a potentially unwanted program. When you get redirected to this site, a pop-up will appear that will ask you to click on Allow to get notifications from Robotornotchecks.site, along with a CAPTCHA that will ask you to verify if you are not a robot.
Keep in mind that clicking the Allow button won’t do you any good as you might only be redirected to other harmful websites. On the other hand, if you keep getting redirected to this site no matter how many times you have clicked on the Block button, then chances are, your computer is infected with some ad-supported program or adware. Adware programs are known to trigger not just redirects to tech support scams but also to malicious domains that display shady pop-ups like Robotornotchecks.site Redirect.
Redirecting you to suspicious sites is not the only thing that adware programs are capable of as it also delivers you dozens of ads. In addition, it also tracks all your online activities in order to collect your information that may include your IP address, websites visited, browsing history, email address, and other information, both personal and non-personal ones.
How does Robotornotchecks.site Redirect travel the web?
Browser redirects like Robotornotchecks.site Redirect often travel the web using several tactics like deceptive ads, other suspicious sites, as well as in free software packages like freeware and shareware which are offered on free sharing sites. Along with other unwanted programs, it is added as one of the optional programs in free software packages. Installing this kind of package is kind of tricky as you could end up installing all the programs in the package including Robotornotchecks.site Redirect. If you don’t want any unwanted programs from sneaking into your computer, you must use the Custom or Advanced setup instead of the standard one.
Delete Robotornotchecks.site Redirect from your browser and computer by following the removal guide provided below.
Step_1: You need to close the browser infected with the browser hijacker. And if you can’t close it manually, you can close it using the Task Manager instead. Tap the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys and open the Task Manager.
Step_2: Next, look for the process of your browser, right-click on it and select End task or End process to close it.
Step_3: Afterwards, tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type “appwiz.cpl” in the field and press Enter to open the Programs and Features in Control Panel.
Step_4: From the list of programs installed, look for any programs that could be related to Robotornotchecks.site Redirect or any suspicious program you don’t remember installing under the list of installed programs and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step_5: Edit your Hosts File.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain Robotornotchecks.site Redirect.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step_6: Now you have to flush the DNS cache of your computer. To do so, right-click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Step_7: After that, restart your computer and then open your browsers and reset them back to their default state.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
- Restart your computer.
Step_8: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step_9: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated with the browser hijacker such as the software bundle it came with and delete it/them.
Step_10: Close the File Explorer and empty the contents of Recycle Bin
Congratulations, you have just removed Robotornotchecks.site Redirect in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit fixmypcfree.com daily.
Now that’s how you remove Robotornotchecks.site Redirect in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.