Microsoft added a new feature known as Color Filters as not all the Windows users are physically identical which the main reason why they made this feature is basically. This new feature allows users to put on different filters all over their PCs to see how a color-blind or visually impaired user sees the computer screen.
If a visually impaired user wants to use a Windows 10 PC, he/she will definitely have a hard time because of such impairment. The good thing is with the new Windows 10 v1709 comes a feature that allows users, especially the ones who are color-blind, to make the screen easy to read even with the impairment. In this article we’ll show you how to apply Color Filters in a Windows 10 screen.
There are different ways to enable & apply Color Filters to a Windows 10 computer screen, refer to each one of them listed below.
Option #1 – Using the Keyboard shortcut
This is basically the fastest option you can use to turn on the Color Filter on your Windows 10 PC. Simply tap the Win + Ctrl + C keys at the same time. After that, your screen should get the Grayscale effect right away. However, the only con to this keyboard shortcut s that it does not enable other filters except for the Grayscale filter, so even though this is the fastest way to enable Color Filter, it is only limited to enabling the Grayscale filter. To check out other Color Filters, proceed to other options below.
Option #2 – Using the Windows Settings Panel
This option is where you should find the other Color Filters. To use it, refer to these steps:
- Tap Win + I to open the Windows Settings panel.
- Next, go to Ease of Access and proceed to Color & high contrast.
- And look for the called “Apply color filter” which is located on the right-hand side.
- After that, simply toggle the button to enable the feature at once.
- Once you’ve enabled it, you can choose over a variety of filters listed below:
- Grayscale Inverted
Note: As you can see, these are different conditions – for instance, Deuteranopia, Protanopia, and Tritanopia are different kinds of color blindness.
Option #3 – Using the Registry Editor
This is the least recommended option you can use if you are not well-versed enough to use the Registry Editor as any single mistake can highly impact your computer. Hence before you proceed, make sure that you create a system restore point and backup Registry files.
- Tap Win + R to open the Run dialog box.
- Type in regedit and click OK or simply tap Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- After opening the Registry Editor, navigate to the following path:
- You should find two different keys such as Active and FilterType on your right hand side.
- Double click on Active and then set its value to 1.
- Next, double click on the FilterType key and then set the value which could be anything between 0-5 as required.
0 – Grayscale
1 – Invert
2 – Greyscale Inverted
3 – Deuteranopia
4 – Protanopia
5 – Tritanopia
And that’s about it! There is also a one-click solution you could try if you are currently facing some issues with your Windows 10 PC. This one-click solution is also known as PC Cleaner Pro which is a useful PC Optimization tool that helps you repair any corrupted registries and at the same time optimizes your computer’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. It is a trusted tool if you can use if you want to sort your Registry out.
Perform a full system scan using PC Cleaner Pro. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOSscreen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Optionuse the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Boxwill show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/pccleanerpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading PC Cleaner Pro. Installation will start automatically once download is done.
- Click OK to launch PC Cleaner Pro.
- Run the program and click the Click to Start Scanbutton to perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click FIX ALL.