What is ClickForSale Ads? And how does it work?
ClickForSale Ads is an annoying group of pesky advertisements that can appear on any kind of web browser – be it Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, and so on. Frequent encounter with ClickForSale Ads indicates that there is adware installed in your computer that triggers these ads to pop up when you browse the web. This is why ClickForSale Ads is categorized as adware and a PUP.
ClickForSale Ads can get pretty intrusive which is why some users often referred to it as the “ClickForSale Ads virus”. Although not necessarily malicious, ClickForSale Ads can inject add-ons, browser extensions, and toolbars on your browser as well as modify your browser’s settings by changing the default search engine, homepage, and new tab page which is why not only is it an ad-supported program or adware but is also considered to be a browser hijacker as it hijacks the settings of the browsers without any permission from users. At first, these changes may seem insignificant and you might not notice the difference but you will though as time passes and you’ll only realize it when you are suddenly bombarded with dozens of advertisements that block the content of the websites you’re visiting.
What’s more is that ClickForSale Ads can also redirect you to several tech support scams – fake alerts that are created to scare users and make them think that their computer is infected with some virus and urge them to call a fake tech support number – thus, if you continue using ClickForSale Ads, you will only put your computer’s at risk as well as your privacy.
How do ClickForSale Ads travel the web?
Make sure to remove ClickForSale Ads from your browser and computer with the help of the removal guide provided below.
Step_1: Start by opening the Task Manager by simply pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys.
Step_2: Next, go to Processes and look for dubious processes that could be related to ClickForSale Ads and then right-click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step_3: Then open the Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step_4: Look for any suspicious program that could be the one that triggers the ClickForSale Ads and then Uninstall it.
Step_5: Close all the browsers affected by ClickForSale Ads. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step_6: After you open the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the infected browser’s process and end it.
Step_7: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing ClickForSale Ads.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step_8: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for ClickForSale Ads or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Select “Open a specific page or set of pages”.
- Click the More actions button next to the hijacker and click Remove.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Step_9: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step_10: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated with ClickForSale Ads and delete it/them.
Step_11: Close the File Explorer.
Step_12: Empty the Recycle Bin.
Step_13: Afterwards, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right-click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Congratulations, you have just removed ClickForSale Ads Adware/PUP in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit fixmypcfree.com daily.
Now that’s how you remove ClickForSale Ads Adware/PUP in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.