What is Moviepin.tv? And how does it work?
Moviepin.tv is a suspicious and unsafe website that claims to be an ultimate source of retro and classic movies. Security experts were unable to determine where the website is located since its developers have blocked the website’s domain information using a third-party service. Their address is also not listed on the website. Here’s some information from the Moviepin.tv website:
“7 day free trial. Thereafter, the subscription costs 49.99 € per month. You can cancel your subscription at any time before the end of the free trial period.”
Many users reported that the dubious site automatically takes 50 euro after the 7 day free trial, and then charges users 50 euro monthly. This is why if you have subscribed or signed up on this website, you must unsubscribe immediately if you don’t want to be charged. What’s preposterous is that some users were charged even when they haven’t signed up or downloaded anything from the website. Needless to say, Moviepin.tv is nothing but a scamming website designed to lure users with a promise of movies and even e-books. It is no wonder that security experts classify this site as adware and a potentially unwanted program.
You might get redirected to this site when you are trying to download movies or e-books online or when there is an ad-supported program installed on your computer and if that’s the case, you need to get rid of the ad-supported program that’s been causing redirects to Moviepin.tv in order to stir clear of this dubious website.
How does Moviepin.tv spread over the web?
You can get redirected to Moviepin.tv when you click on some ads or when you there is an ad-supported program installed on your computer. Ad-supported programs are spread using freeware and shareware that is found on third-party download websites. To avoid installing this kind of program, you must always use the Advanced or Custom setup when you install a software package that came from a third-party source.
Refer to the instructions prepared below to remove Moviepin.tv adware from your computer.
Step_1: Start by opening the Task Manager by simply pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys.
Step_2: Next, go to Processes and look for dubious processes that could be related to Moviepin.tv and then right-click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step_3: Then open the Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step_4: Look for Moviepin.tv and any suspicious program and then Uninstall them.
Step_5: Close all the browsers affected by Moviepin.tv. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step_6: After you open the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the infected browser’s process and end it.
Step_7: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Moviepin.tv.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step_8: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for Moviepin.tv Ads or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Select “Open a specific page or set of pages”.
- Click the More actions button next to the hijacker and click Remove.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Step_9: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step_10: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Moviepin.tv Ads and delete it/them.
Step_11: Close the File Explorer.
Step_12: Empty the Recycle Bin.
Congratulations, you have just removed Moviepin.tv in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit fixmypcfree.com daily.
Now that’s how you remove Moviepin.tv in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.