What is Search.searchleasy.com? And how does it function?
Search.searchleasy.com, also known as “Login Easier” is a dubious search engine that supposedly helps users access their email accounts faster. It may look like a legitimate-looking search engine but don’t let its looks deceive you as it actually possesses some unwanted behavior which is why it belongs to the category if browser hijackers. As you can see on its interface, it contains quick links to sites like Gmail, Yahoo mail, Facebook, YouTube, Amazon and Twitter but that’s only a façade because as soon as it is installed on your computer, it immediately changes your browsers’ settings such as the default search engine, home page and new tab, forcing you to use it whenever you browse the web.
Another bad thing about this search engine is that it does not have the HTTPS protocol, meaning to say, this website is more vulnerable to virtual assaults and definitely not safe to use. And just like a typical browser hijacker, Search.searchleasy.com gathers your information by spying on all your browsing-related activities to deliver more personalized and customized ads in all forms. So whenever you browse the internet, you will be constantly bombarded with tons of intrusive ads, making your browsing experience a tad bit terrible and annoying. It is clear that the main purpose of this search engine is to generate revenue from pay-per-click marketing – the more ads you click, the more money they get. Some of these ads even have the tendency to lead you to suspicious sites like survey scam, tech support scam, phishing websites, etc. Search.searchleasy.com obviously exposes you to harmful threats in the internet not to mention that it also jeopardizes your privacy, if you want a safe and secure browsing, you best get rid of Search.searchleasy.com before it’s too late.
How does Search.searchleasy.com circulate online?
Search.searchleasy.com circulates online as a part of a software bundle you can usually find on free sharing websites. This hijacker is added as an extra download in a package and is hidden unless you install the package using the recommended Advanced or Custom installation setup. So the next time you install any software bundle, you better do it through the recommended setup instead of using only the standard one.
Get rid of Search.searchleasy.com with the help of the following removal instructions.
Step 1: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for Search.searchleasy.com or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Select “Open a specific page or set of pages”.
- Click the More actions button next to the hijacker and click Remove.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Step 2: Open Control Panel by pressing the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 3: Look for any suspicious program that is affiliated with Search.searchleasy.com and then Uninstall it.
Step 4: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 5: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated with Search.searchleasy.com and delete it/them.
Step 6: Close the File Explorer.
Step 7: Empty your Recycle Bin.
To make sure that nothing is amiss and that Search.searchleasy.com is completely removed from your computer, follow the advanced steps below.
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOSscreen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Optionuse the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Boxwill show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading the program. Installation will start automatically once download is done.
- Click OK to launch it.
- Run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click REMOVE ALL.
- Register the program to protect your computer from future threats.