If your Windows 10 PC has started slowing down as of late and you think that the problem might have something to do with hardware or driver problem then you might want to open the Devices Manager to further check the problem. If you’re seeing a message that states, “The driver for this device might be corrupted, or your system may be running low on memory or other resources. (Code 3)” in the Device Properties box, read on, as this article will provide you a couple of suggestions you can try to address this issue.
Follow the given suggestions below carefully to fix the “The driver for this device might be corrupted, or your system may be running low on memory or other resources (Code 3)” error on your Windows 10 PC.
Option #1 – Try closing some applications
You can encounter this kind of problem when you opened a lot of apps simultaneously and you have low available RAM. If that’s the case, you have to close some of the apps you’ve opened to free up some RAM. To do so, just open the Task Manager and then check if your system is using tons of system resources or not. If yes, you must close some apps based on their usage. Just select the programs you want to close, right click on them and click on the End task button to end their processes.
Option #2 – Try to uninstall and reinstall the driver
If you think that the problem is caused by a corrupted device driver, you have to uninstall the corrupted driver and then scan for new hardware that you can install again. You have to click the Action menu in the Device Manager to do so and then click the “Scan for hardware changes” option.
Option #3 – Try installing more RAM
If you’re the type of user who likes to multitask by using different programs at the same time but your Windows 10 PC has insufficient memory needed to run the driver, you don’t have much choice but to close some of the applications to make some memory available. To check memory and system resources, open the System Information box and then check if there’s a need to install additional RAM.
There is a one-click solution you could check out to fix the “The driver for this device might be corrupted, or your system may be running low on memory or other resources (Code 3)” error if none of the aforementioned options above worked out for you. This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries or drivers and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below.
Perform a full system scan using PC Cleaner Pro. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/pccleanerpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading PC Cleaner Pro. The installation will start automatically once a download is done.
- Click OK to launch PC Cleaner Pro.
- Run the program and click the Click to Start Scan button to perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click FIX ALL.