The Google Chrome browser has a security feature that strengthens the security of the Chrome browsers and provides protection from various vulnerabilities – this security feature is called Strict Site Isolation. It is not enabled by default in the Chrome 63 browser but it will be enabled by default in the Chrome 64 browser.
“When you enable site isolation, content for each open website in the Chrome browser is always rendered in a dedicated process, isolated from other sites. This creates an additional security boundary between websites,” stated Google.
To put it simply, the Strict Site Isolation feature in Chrome runs each website in its own isolated process and makes sure that the processes are limited to the website, improving its security and stability. There are times when malicious websites enter the other data inside the browser due to some security flaws that could allow hackers to access a user’s login information which is why Strict Site Isolation is added to counter such security bugs. With the help of this feature, each website will run in a Sandbox where the processes will be limited solely to a particular website. Because of this, attackers won’t be able to get access and steal the content from your accounts on other websites. In addition, whenever a certain tab crashes, it wouldn’t affect the entire window.
The Site Isolation feature is a big factor in protecting your computer and browser against severe computer infections such as ransomware and other malware. It controls the Spectre processor security vulnerabilities as well. This feature was originally meant for enterprises but it can be used by just any user to strengthen their Google Chrome browser’s security. Just note that despite its usefulness in improving security, it will also increase the memory usage by 10% to 20% approximately. You might have to consider using this feature if your PC RAM is already low as it is. But if your RAM is doing just fine, you can enable this feature by following either of the two sets of instructions below.
Option #1 _ Enable the Strict Site Isolation through Chrome flags
- Open Google Chrome.
- In the address bar, type in chrome://flags and tap Enter.
- Look for Strict Site Isolation by tapping Ctrl + F keys.
- Turn the feature on by clicking on Enable.
- When you click the Enable button, a Relaunch Now button should appear – click on that button to restart Chrome so that the changes will take effect. After the restart, all the tabs opened previously will be restored.
- Open Google Chrome.
- Right click on the Chrome icon and click on Properties.
- Paste “site-per-process” after the quotation marks with space in the Target field under the Shortcut tab.
- After that, the Target field should now be: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe” –site-per-process
- Next, use this icon or shortcut to open the Chrome browser and you’re now good to go.
There is also a program deemed as “one-click” solution that could help improve your PC. So if your PC’s going through some system issues that may be caused by some corrupted registries or corrupted files, there is a one-click solution you can try to fix the problem. This program is known as PC Cleaner Pro which helps not just in fixing corrupted registries and files but also improves your system’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system.
Perform a full system scan using PC Cleaner Pro. To do so, follow the instructions below.
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/pccleanerpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading PC Cleaner Pro. The installation will start automatically once a download is done.
- Click OK to launch the program.
- Run the program and click the Click to Start Scan button to perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click FIX ALL.