What is Search.searchiswt.com?
If and when your home page or start-up page begins with Search.searchiswt.com, it only means virus scanning is needed on your computer. It simply indicates that threat manages to sneak into the computer and was able to create unwanted changes. You may conclude that this is an infection from this intrusion, home page or new tab of browser was changed to Search.searchiswt.com as a default instead of your own settings. Likewise, doing an online search gives you suspicious results with pages filled with ad banners and all sort of advertisements.
Search.searchiswt.com seems to be invisible when getting a place in your computer. It can easily sneak in because of the technique used by attackers wherein adware are integrated or simply bundled into freeware. This attack can easily affect the Internet browser applications, such as Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Microsoft Edge, and Mozilla Firefox which it directly hit.
Creators of the Search.searchiswt.com visualize this hijacker to fulfill several goals, namely: to display advertisements on your home page as soon as you open the browser. Ads may also be projected into search results page, in which most victims clicks on ads mistakenly. It may intentionally endangers your privacy since it has the ability to gather information from your system; it collects data you used online including search keywords, web site visited, and other sensitive credentials. Generally, the Search.searchiswt.com’s presence on your computer aims to turnover earnings via online advertising scheme or the pay-per-click tactics to generate profits.
Common symptoms of Search.searchiswt.com browser hijacker infection:
- The web browser’s default home page is changed to Search.searchiswt.com
- The browser’s search provider changed built-in search box to query.searchiswt.com
- It has the ability to modify the ‘new tab’ functionality to launch the modified search portal page
- It loads into the web browser via an extension or add-ons
How to remove the Search.searchiswt.com?
Eliminate Search.searchiswt.com without any tools
The few simple steps will help you remove Search.searchiswt.com . These Search.searchiswt.com removal steps work for the Google Chrome, Firefox, Edge and Microsoft Internet Explorer, as well as every version of Windows operating system.
Delete Search.searchiswt.com related applications through the Control Panel of your machine
Some of PUPs, adware and browser hijacker can be uninstalled using the Add/Remove programs tool that is located in the Windows Control Panel. So, if you’re running any version of Windows and you have noticed an unwanted application, then first try to remove it through Add/Remove programs.
Once the ‘Control Panel’ opens, click the ‘Uninstall a program’ link under Programs category like below.
You will see the ‘Uninstall a program’ panel as shown in the figure below.
Very carefully look around the entire list of applications installed on your machine. Most likely, one or more of them are responsible for the appearance of advertisements and web-browser redirect to the unwanted Search.searchiswt.com page. If you have many programs installed, you can help simplify the search of malicious software by sort the list by date of installation. Once you have found a suspicious, unwanted or unused program, right click to it, after that click ‘Uninstall’.
Scan your machine and remove Search.searchiswt.com with free utilities
The hijacker infection may hide its components which are difficult for you to find out and get rid of completely. This may lead to the fact that after some time, the hijacker again infect your system and alter settings of installed web browsers to Search.searchiswt.com. Moreover, I want to note that it is not always safe to delete hijacker infection manually, if you do not have much experience in setting up and configuring the Windows operating system. The best method to detect and remove hijackers is to use free malware removal software.
If you happen to be a user that finds manual removal and analysis of your PC a bit too complicated, do not worry. Simply follow the alternative removal guide below. This way you will be able to delete Search.searchiswt.com in an automated manner.
These instructions indicate how to get rid of Search.searchiswt.com automatically. The instructions need to be applied on the infected computer.
- Turn the infected computer on. If it is turned on, restart it.
- When BIOS screen disappears after the reboot, tap F8 key repeatedly. Advanced Options menu will show up. If Windows logo appears, reboot the PC and try pressing F8 again.
- When you access Advanced Options menu, use arrow keys to navigate and choose Safe Mode with Networking. Press Enter to access the mode.
4. Wait for Windows to load Safe Mode with Networking.
5. Press and hold the Windows key and then press R key.
6. If you have pressed both keys correctly, Windows Run Box will pop up.
7. Type the following into the Open box:
Note, that there has to be a single space gap in between iexplore and http. Click OK.
8. Internet Explorer will open and a download dialog bar will appear at the bottom of your screen. Click Run to begin the installation automatically once SpyHunter is downloaded.
9. Click OK if your system asks whether you want to run SpyHunter software.
10. Run SpyHunter and perform a full system scan.
11. Once all the malicious infections are detected, click Fix Threats. SpyHunter will ask you to register the software.
12. By registering SpyHunter you will also be able to protect your computer from other potential threats. Once you have registered the program, the malware will be removed. Reboot your PC to fully implement the malware removal procedure.
You should always pay attention when installing software into your computer because more often than not, a software installer includes optional installs that are malicious, such as this Search.searchiswt.com browser hijacker. Be very careful what you agree to install and always make reading a habit. Always opt for the custom installation and deselect anything that unknown, especially optional software that you never wanted to download and install in the first place. It goes without saying that you should not install software that you don’t trust, ignore those that you aren’t familiar with. And take note that the best way to keep your computer guarded is to invest into legit and quality anti-malware software.