What is Push-checking.com Pop-up Ads? And how does it work?
Push-checking.com is a dubious website that displays a “Confirm notifications” message that urges you to subscribe to its notifications of the website. And once you click on the Allow button, you will start seeing various ads. This is why this site is often referred to as “Push-checking.com Pop-up Ads”. It could also alter the default settings of your browser so that it can inject more ads as you browse the web.
Push-checking.com Pop-up Ads may seem harmless on first look. However, you must not disregard this adware program as it could bring potential issues to your computer. For one, it tends to deliver you with a bunch of ads, some of which can cover the content of the website you’re visiting. Other ads could also reroute you to highly suspicious websites like the ones that convinces you to participate in a survey and ask your personal information as well as tech support scams that scares you into thinking that your computer is infected with some virus and then urges you to install some suspicious program or call a fake tech support number.
How does Push-checking.com Pop-up Ads circulate the web?
Push-checking.com Pop-up Ads circulates the web in several ways. You can get redirected to this site when you click on some ads online. On the other hand, if you frequently see this site on a daily basis then chances are, there might be some ad-supported program installed in your computer. Adware programs can be found among software bundles on free sharing sites. They are added as one of the optional components along with other free programs. To avoid adware programs, you must always use the Custom or Advanced setup and not the standard one. This way, you’ll have the option to remove extra programs that are added in the package.
Delete Push-checking.com Pop-up Ads from your browser and computer with the help of the following instructions.
Step 1: Close all the browsers affected with Push-checking.com Pop-up Ads. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step 2: Next, go to Processes and look for the process of the browser you’re unable to close as well as other dubious processes that could be related to Push-checking.com Pop-up Ads and then right click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step 3: Then open the Programs and Features section in Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step 4: From the list of programs installed, look for any suspicious program that could be related to Push-checking.com Pop-up Ads and then Uninstall them.
Step 5: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Push-checking.com.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step 6: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Open Firefox and click the icon that looks like a three stacked lines located at the top-right section of the browser.
- Next, select the question mark icon from the drop-down menu.
- Then select “Troubleshooting information” from the slide-out menu.
- After that, click on the “Reset Firefox” button located at the top-right section of the newly opened web page.
- Now select “Reset Firefox” in the confirmation pop-up window that appears.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
Step 7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated to Push-checking.com Pop-up Ads as well as the adware program that’s behind it and delete it/them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer and then empty the all the contents in Recycle Bin and afterwards.
Step 10: Now you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Follow the advanced instructions below to ensure the removal of Push-checking.com Pop-up Ads using [product-name] as well as all the file residues it left behind.
Perform a full system scan using [product-code]. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot it.
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in the URL address, [product-url] in the Run dialog box and then tap Enter or click OK.
- After that, it will download the program. Wait for the download to finish and then open the launcher to install the program.
- Once the installation process is completed, run [product-code] to perform a full system scan.
- After the scan is completed click the “Fix, Clean & Optimize Now” button.