What is Pushwhy.com Redirect? And how does it work?
Pushwhy.com Redirect is an intrusive redirect that often forces users to click on the “Allow Notifications” button in order to get rid of it. This kind of pop-up could appear on any website you visit especially if there is an ad-supported program or adware installed on your computer. According to security experts, Pushwhy.com Redirect belongs to the “Pokki” adware group.
The domain that hosts the Pushwhy.com redirect may display a pop-up asking you if you want to accept push notifications and if you allow notifications, the domain may return nothing. However, if it is combined with a custom URL courtesy of the Pokki adware that’s running in your computer, then, you will most likely experience redirects as well as see tons of ads like in-text links, banners, and pop-ups as you browse the web. You could also end up clicking hidden buttons of the site you are visiting that also cause redirects to some dubious websites.
- The sites you visit.
- What you type while on your browser.
- The places you click on.
- Your online browsing history and bookmarks.
- Your search history on Google.
- Your downloaded files.
- Saved passwords and logins on your browser.
- Saved financial information on your browser.
What’s more, is that this shady redirect may also establish connections with several different hosts. As you can see, your browsing won’t be safe unless you remove Pushwhy.com Redirect and the adware that’s causing it.
How does Pushwhy.com Redirect spread over the web?
The Pushwhy.com Redirect spreads using two methods. The first one is via software bundles. This redirect may be replicated as a result of you installing software bundles which means that it may be added as a seemingly useful program in the software bundle you installed. The second one is that Pushwhy.com Redirect may be a result of the “Pokki Start Menu” app being installed on your computer. Therefore, to avoid unwanted programs and redirects like Pushwhy.com Redirect, when installing software, you must always opt for the Advanced or Custom setup instead of the quick one.
Remove Pushwhy.com Redirect from your browsers and computer as well as the adware program that triggers it with the help of the following removal instructions.
Step_1: Start by opening the Task Manager by simply pressing the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys.
Step_2: Next, go to Processes and look for dubious processes that could be related to Pushwhy.com Redirect and then right-click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step_3: Then open the Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step_4: Look for any suspicious program that could be the one that triggers the Pushwhy.com Redirect and then Uninstall it.
Step_5: Close all the browsers affected by Pushwhy.com Redirect. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step_6: After you open the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the infected browser’s process and end it.
Step_7: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Pushwhy.com.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step_8: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for Pushwhy.com Redirect Ads or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Select “Open a specific page or set of pages”.
- Click the More actions button next to the hijacker and click Remove.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
Step_9: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step_10: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated with Pushwhy.com Redirect Ads and delete it/them.
Step_11: Close the File Explorer.
Step_12: Empty the Recycle Bin.
Step_13: Afterwards, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right-click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Congratulations, you have just removed Pushwhy.com Redirect in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit fixmypcfree.com daily.
Now that’s how you remove Pushwhy.com Redirect in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.