What is MyOfficeTab? And how does it function?
MyOfficeTab is a browser extension that supposedly functions as an office utility that allows users to use documents, sheets, slides, forms and to draw directly from the browser. Moreover, it also contains quick links to some popular websites like Facebook, Twitter, Gmail, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest, and many more. This browser extension may seem like a useful program but it’s not. In fact, security experts categorize it as a browser hijacker and a PUP or potentially unwanted program.
If installed, MyOfficeTab will obtain the following permissions in your browser:
- Read and change your data on all myofficetab.com sites and newtab.myofficetab.com
- Replace the page you see when opening a new tab
- Read your browsing history
- Manage your apps, extensions, and themes
Aside from the permissions listed above, when installed, MyOfficeTab will change the default homepage and new tab page of your browser. As a result, every time you open your browser and every time you open a new tab, you will see nothing but MyOfficeTab. And when you browse the web, you might experience redirects to some suspicious websites and notice a handful of sponsored content caused by MyOfficeTab.
How is MyOfficeTab disseminated over the web?
Remove MyOfficeTab from your browser and computer with the help of the removal steps prepared below.
Step_1: First, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right-click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Step_2: Next, close the browser infected with MyOfficeTab but if you are unable to do so, you can close it via Task Manager. Tap Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open the Task Manager and from there, end the browser’s process.
Step_3: After that, restart your computer and then open all the browsers infected by MyOfficeTab. Reset all the affected browsers to default to their default state.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Open Mozilla Firefox and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions, menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
- Restart your computer.
Step_4: Next, tap the Win + R keys to open the Run dialog box and type “appwiz.cpl” in the field and press Enter to open the Programs and Features in Control Panel.
Step_5: From the list of programs installed, look for MyOfficeTab or any unfamiliar program that could be related to it under the list of installed programs, and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step_6: Edit your Hosts File.
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries that contain MyOfficeTab.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step_7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step_8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated with the browser hijacker such as the software bundle it came with and delete it/them.%USERPROFILE%\Downloads
Step_9: Close the File Explorer.
Step_10: Empty the contents of Recycle Bin.
Congratulations, you have just removed MyOfficeTab in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit fixmypcfree.com daily.
Now that’s how you remove MyOfficeTab in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.