What is Chissk.icu Redirect? And how does it work?
Chissk.icu is a shady website that’s hosted on a malicious domain. Apart from being a potentially unwanted program, it is also categorized as a browser redirect as it tends to redirect users to suspicious parts of the web which is why it is often called “Chissk.icu Redirect. It may redirect you to the following sites:
- adult content sites;
- dating websites;
- gambling services;
- free online streaming pages;
- cracked software providers;
- p2p networks.
Chissk.icu Redirect could also track down all your browsing-related activities in order to obtain browsing information such as the websites you visit often, browsing history, ads you’ve clicked, search queries, and all other information you share online. If you have encountered Chissk.icu Redirect on more than one occasion, then it means that there is an adware program installed in your computer that’s causing these redirects which is why for you to completely erase Chissk.icu Redirect, you must also erase the adware program behind it.
How does Chissk.icu Redirect spread over the web?
Follow the removal guide laid out below to erase Chissk.icu Redirect from your browser and computer as well as the ad-supported program that triggers it.
Step_1: Close all the browsers affected by Chissk.icu Redirect. If you’re having a hard time closing them, you can close them using the Task Manager just tap on Ctrl + Shift + Esc.
Step_2: After opening the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the process of the browser you’re unable to close as well as other dubious processes that could be related to Chissk.icu Redirect and then right-click on each one of them and select End Process or End Task to kill their processes.
Step_3: Then open the Programs and Features section in Control Panel. To do so, tap the Windows key + R, then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter.
Step_4: From the list of programs installed, look for any suspicious program that could be related to Chissk.icu Redirect and then Uninstall them.
Step_5: Edit your Hosts File
- Tap the Win + R keys to open then type in %WinDir% and then click OK.
- Go to System32/drivers/etc.
- Open the hosts file using Notepad.
- Delete all the entries containing Chissk.icu.
- After that, save the changes you’ve made and close the file.
Step_6: Reset all your browsers to default to their default state.
- Open Firefox and click the icon that looks like three stacked lines located at the top-right section of the browser.
- Next, select the question mark icon from the drop-down menu.
- Then select “Troubleshooting information” from the slide-out menu.
- After that, click on the “Reset Firefox” button located at the top-right section of the newly opened web page.
- Now select “Reset Firefox” in the confirmation pop-up window that appears.
- Open Google Chrome, then tap the Alt + F keys.
- After that, click on Settings.
- Next, scroll down until you see the Advanced option, once you see it, click on it.
- After clicking the Advanced option, go to the “Restore and clean up option and click on the “Restore settings to their original defaults” option to reset Google Chrome.
- Now restart Google Chrome.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Next, click the wrench icon for Settings.
- Then click Internet Options.
- After that, go to the Advanced tab.
- From there, click the Reset button. This will reset Internet Explorer’s settings to their default condition.
- Now click OK to save the changes made.
Step_7: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step_8: Navigate to the following directories and look for suspicious files associated with Chissk.icu Redirect as well as the browser redirect program that’s behind it and delete it/them.
Step_9: Close the File Explorer.
Step_10: Empty the Recycle Bin and afterward, you have to flush the DNS cache. To do that, just, right-click on the Start button and click on Command Prompt (administrator). From there, type the “ipconfig /flushdns” command and hit Enter to flush the DNS.
Congratulations, you have just removed Chissk.icu Redirect in Windows 10 all by yourself. If you would like to read more helpful articles and tips about various software and hardware visit fixmypcfree.com daily.
Now that’s how you remove Chissk.icu Redirect in Windows 10 on a computer. On the other hand, if your computer is going through some system-related issues that have to get fixed, there is a one-click solution known as Restoro you could check out to resolve them.
This program is a useful tool that could repair corrupted registries and optimize your PC’s overall performance. Aside from that, it also cleans out your computer for any junk or corrupted files that help you eliminate any unwanted files from your system. This is basically a solution that’s within your grasp with just a click. It’s easy to use as it is user-friendly. For a complete set of instructions in downloading and using it, refer to the steps below
Perform a full system scan using Restoro. To do so, follow the instructions below.