Have you ever experienced losing your valuable files without knowing why? Well, it might be caused by a certain type of virus.
What is Haters Ransomware?
It is a highly malicious program that was developed with a purpose of encrypting your personal files, making them unusable. Once on your PC, it will immediately start encrypting your personal files.
It usually targets file formats such as .scr, .swf, sav, .tiff, .txt, .vsd, .wmv, .xls, and others. While encrypting, it appends them with a “haters” file extension. This ransomware will show you a window with a text that reads “All Files Are Encrypted” once the encryption is complete. It then opens a window for entering the decryption key but doesn’t provide you with instructions on how to pay, which makes it incomplete.
The good news is, its developers have included the default decryption key in the source code, so you can just recover your files in no time.
The key is “masihmaubullyguaanjeng,” and it is the same key used for all infected computers because this program does not generate an encryption or decryption key. Please use the decryption key to unlock your files.
Still, we highly recommend you to remove it once detected in your system.
You can delete it manually, but if you cannot locate its executable, then we invite you to use SpyHunter for detecting it.
How to uninstall this program
- Go to http://www.spyware-techie.com/download-sph
- Install the program and run it.
- Click Scan Computer Now!
- Copythe file path of the malware from the scan results.
- Press Windows+E
- Enterthe file path of the malware in File Explorer’s address box.
- Press Enter.
- Locate,right-click the malicious files and click Delete.
- Empty the Recycle Bin.
How to Remove this Virus
These instructions indicate how to get rid of Haters Ransomware automatically and must be applied on the infected computer accurately.
- Turn the infected computer on. If it is turned on, restart it.
- When BIOS screen disappears after the reboot, tapF8 key repeatedly. Advanced Options menu will show up. If Windows logo appears, reboot the PC and try pressing F8 again.
- When you access Advanced Options menu, use arrow keys to navigate and choose Safe Mode with Networking. Press Enter to access the mode.
- Wait for Windows to load Safe Mode with Networking.
- Press and hold the Windows key and then press R
- If you have pressed both keys correctly, Windows Run Box will pop up.
- Type the following into the Open box:
explorer http://www.spyware-techie.com/removal Note, that there has to be a single space gap in between iexplore and http. Click OK.
- Internet Explorer will open and a download dialog bar will appear at the bottom of your screen. Click Run to begin the installation automatically once SpyHunter is downloaded.
- Click OK if your system asks whether you want to run SpyHunter software.
- Run SpyHunter and perform a full system scan.
- Once all the malicious infections are detected, click Fix Threats. SpyHunter will ask you to register the software.
- By registering SpyHunter you will also be able to protect your computer from other potential threats. Once you have registered the program, the malware will be removed. Reboot your PC to fully implement the malware removal procedure.
One reason for its distribution is via email spam.
The emails can be disguised as invoices, receipts, tax return forms, or business-related correspondence and contain an attached zipped file archive that features Haters Ransomware’s executable. If you run the executable inside it, then it will start to encrypt your files secretly. So, you must take precautions when opening suspected emails.
Moreover, please note that you can also get it through installing freeware application and other misleading methods.