What is Mediafase.com redirect?
The appearance of Mediafase.com as your homepage is usually a sign that your personal computer has been infected by the unwanted software from the browser hijacker family and your web browser’s settings like the home page, new tab page and default search engine should have been modified as well by it without your knowledge and permission. In this way, creators of the hijacker infection trick you if not force you to click and use their web page, thus driving more traffic of the web-page to generate revenue.
The Mediafase.com browser hijacker will definitely modify your browser’s search provider so that you’ll left with no choice but to use the Mediafase.com, that redirects to Bing, Yahoo or Google Custom Search engine which displays the search results for your query. The makers of this browser hijacker are basically using legitimate search provider as they may earn more revenue from the advertisements bundled and are displayed in the search results.
Usually, the infected personal computer with Mediafase.com hijacker, will be also infected with adware or also known as ‘ad-supported’ software that opens a portal that allows a huge count of various ads. May it be pop-ups, text links in the web sites, or banners where they never had. Moreover, the ad supported software may replace the legitimate ads with malicious advertisements that usually offers to download and install malware and other unwanted applications or visit the various dangerous and misleading web pages.
Mostly, malware which modifies current settings of installed browsers on Mediafase.com usually affects only Google Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer and Edge but also possible that it infects any other browsers as well. The Mediafase.com browser hijacker infection usually modify the Target property of web browser’s shortcuts, so instead of your homepage, you will see a completely different web-site.
We highly recommend that you get rid of Mediafase.com redirect using the standard features of Windows and some proven free software.
How to remove Mediafase.com from PC
Even if you’ve the up-to-date classic antivirus installed in your computer system, and you’ve checked your machine for malicious software and removed anything found, you may still need to follow the instructions below. The Mediafase.com hijacker infection removal is not simple as installing another antivirus, it could be more complicated rather. Classic antivirus applications are not designed to run together and sometimes will conflict with each other, sometimes it causes the Windows to crash. Instead, we strongly we suggest you complete the manual steps below after that run SpyRemover Pro Anti-malware, which is dedicated to find and remove malicious software such as Mediafase.com hijacker infection. Run these tools to ensure the browser hijacker is completely removed.
Run Anti-Malware Program to Remove the Mediafase.com Malware
Running anti-malware scan on the affected computer can instantly remove components installed by Mediafase.com. However, there is no guarantee that this will check and fix existing problems on all Internet browsers.
If you did not get rid of Mediafase.com using this virus scan, please check the manual removal instructions below. Restoring Windows to previous state prior to the infection may also be the solution.
1. Click on the button to start downloading our recommended anti-malware tool. Save it to an accessible location inside your hard drive or clean USB drive if you are downloading from a different PC.
2. Once the download completes, install the tool using the default configuration. You do not need to change any settings while running the installation procedure.
3. Update the program when installation completes. Typically, this is an automated process, so, Internet connection is required in order to download necessary database.
4. Run a complete scan of the affected computer and remove all identified threats.
5. To finalized the removal process, the program prompts to restart Windows.
Uninstalling the Mediafase.com Malware from Windows Control Panel
1. Open Control Panel using instructions below base on your operating system.
Opening Control Panel – Windows XP, Vista and Windows 7
Click on Start > Control Panel. Window should open where you can adjust your computer settings.
Accessing Control Panel – Windows 8 and Windows 10
a) For Windows 8 and Windows 10, the easiest way to locate the Control Panel is through shortcut key. Actually, this also works for earlier versions of Windows.
b) Press Windows Key + R on your keyboard to intiate Run dialog box.
c) Type Control Panel in the Open field and click OK.
2. When Control Panel window appears, click on ‘Uninstall a program’ under Programs area.
3. Your screen now shows a window to uninstall or change a program. Please select the adware from the list. You may also try to look and remove items with the following names: Media Fase
If name of adware or relevant entry is not present, the next trick is to uninstall newly loaded programs. To do this, arrange listed programs in chronological order. Click on ‘Installed On’ to see programs recently installed.
Select the Adware from the list and click on Uninstall button. See image below for reference. Removing unfamiliar software may also help solve the issue.
4. On the next prompt, you need to confirm the uninstall process.
5. Click OK to proceed with the removal of Mediafase.com or any relevant software.
Prevention of browser hijacker and other PUP infection:
- Invest into a powerful anti-malware software, which is capable of detecting and eliminating PUPs, and aving several on-demand scanners would be a good idea as well.
- Enable Windows firewall or get a third-party one.
- Keep your OS, browsers and security utilities up to date.
- You can adjust your browsers’ settings to block pop-ups and to load plug-ins only when clicked.
- Download and utilize Adblock, Adblock Plus, uBlock or one of the similar trustworthy extensions to block third-party advertisements on web-sites.
- Don’t just click on any link you see on your homepage while browsing the web. That applies particularly to links in comments, on forums, or most especially in instant messengers and social media.
- Don’t download software from unverified, unknown and malicious web-sites. You can easily download a trojan -which is a malware that pretends to be a useful application; or some unwanted programs could get installed along with the app.
- When installing freeware or shareware, be sensible and don’t rush through the process, always make reading a habit. Carefully read through. Also choose Custom or Advanced installation mode, look for checkboxes that ask for your permission to install third-party apps and uncheck them, read End User License Agreement to make sure nothing else is going to get installed aside from those you opt to install. If declining from installing unwanted programs is not possible, we advise you to cancel the installation completely to prevent it from installing the PUPs.