What is Diamond Computer Encryption?
The Diamond Computer Encryption is obviously a malware based on an open-source ransomware project called Hidden Tear. This pesky Diamond Computer Encryption ransomware was first discovered by malware security researcher, xXToffeeXx. Once it has infiltrated the system, this software encrypts various data using AES cryptography. During encryption, Diamond Computer Encryption appends filenames with an extension comprising six random letters/digits to the files. For instance, “sample.jpg” might be renamed to “sample.jpg.gh81l0“. After successful file encryption, the Diamond Computer Encryption creates the “_READ_IT_FOR_RECOVER_FILES.html” file and place it in each folder containing encrypted files.
The message informs victims that their data are being encrypted and it makes ransom demands of .1 Bitcoin (currently, 1 Bitcoin is equivalent to ~$3430). The Diamond Computer Encryption uses the AES encryption algorithm and, so it is a unique decryption key generated specifically for each victim. The keys are stored on a remote server controlled by non other than the cyber criminals. To restore their encrypted data, victims are encouraged to pay a certain amount ransom. Experts show, however, that the Bitcoin address provided by cyber criminals is static and, so technically, the criminals will not know which users have submitted payments so the can’t generate or provide the decryption key to the victim. This ransomware is a scam indeed- paying will not guarantee they will deliver any positive result. So never give in or send money to cyber criminals. Also, never contact or pay these criminals. Unluckily, there are no tools yet that is capable of restoring files encrypted by Diamond Computer Encryption malware and the only solution is to restore your files or system from a backup.
The Diamond Computer Encryption is virtually similar to Oxar, BTCWare, Reyptson, Explorer, and dozens of other ransomware-type viruses. All of them encrypt files and make ransom demands. There are onlytwo major differences: 1) amount of ransom, and; 2) type of encryption algorithm being used. Most of these viruses usually use algorithms that generate unique decryption keys. Therefore, you just can’t restore files manually without involvement of the developers.
How can ransomware infect a computer?
Prevention against Diamond Computer Encryption ransomware infections
To prevent this situation, al ways be very cautious and extra careful when browsing the Internet and never open attachments received from suspicious emails and sources. Moreover, download your software from official sources only, keep installed applications updated, and use a legitimate anti-virus/anti-spyware suite only.
Text presented within Diamond Computer Encryption ransomware HTML file (“_READ_IT_FOR_RECOVER_FILES.html“):
How to delete Diamond Computer Encryption Ransomware from your computer?
- Open your File Explorer.
- Navigate to C:\Users\(your username)\Downloads.
- Right-click a malicious .exe file and select the Delete option. The name of this file is random.
- Right-click your Recycle Bin and select Empty Recycle Bin.
How to remove Diamond Computer Encryption Ransomware automatically?
These instructions indicate how to get rid of Diamond Computer Encryption Ransomware automatically. The instructions need to be applied on the infected computer.
- Turn the infected computer on. If it is turned on, restart it.
- When BIOS screen disappears after the reboot, tap F8 key repeatedly. Advanced Options menu will show up. If Windows logo appears, reboot the PC and try pressing F8 again.
- When you access Advanced Options menu, use arrow keys to navigate and choose Safe Mode with Networking. Press Enter to access the mode.
6. If you have pressed both keys correctly, Windows Run Box will pop up.
7. Type the following into the Open box:
Note, that there has to be a single space gap in between iexplore and http. Click OK.
8. Internet Explorer will open and a download dialog bar will appear at the bottom of your screen. Click Run to begin the installation automatically once SpyRemover Pro is downloaded.
9. Click OK if your system asks whether you want to run SpyRemover Pro software.
10. Run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan.
11. Once all the malicious infections are detected, click Fix Threats. SpyRemover Pro will ask you to register the software.
12. By registering SpyRemover Pro you will also be able to protect your computer from other potential threats. Once you have registered the program, the malware will be removed. Reboot your PC to fully implement the malware removal procedure.
Use an anti-malware program
We recommend using SpyRemover Pro, a highly effective and widely used malware removal program to clean your computer of Diamond Computer Encryption ransomware. In addition to Diamond Computer Encryption ransomware, this program can detect and remove the latest variants of other malware.
SpyRemover Pro has an intuitive user interface that is easy to use. To get rid of Diamond Computer Encryption ransomware, the first step is to install it, scan your computer, and remove the threat.
To remove Diamond Computer Encryption ransomware from your computer using SpyRemover Pro, you need to perform the following steps:
Basic steps of SpyRemover Pro:
Step 1. Run SpyRemover Pro installer
Click on the .exe file that just downloaded in the lower right corner of your browser window.
Step 2. Click Yes
Click Yes to accept the User Account Control settings dialog.
Step 3. Foll0w setup instructions
Follow the instructions to get SpyRemover Pro set up on your computer and you will be good to go!