What is MyEasyLotto Toolbar? And how does it function?
MyEasyLotto Toolbar is a deceptive program that claims to give out lucky numbers for several lotteries. This dubious program is developed by Mindspark Interactive Network Inc. and is similar to other extensions like HolidayPhotoEdit, EasyPackageTracker, SimplePictureEdit and a whole lot more. Each of these browser extensions are introduced as a useful program which isn’t true as they are all deemed to be browser hijackers, MyEasyLotto Toolbar included, by security experts. Some of the reasons why MyEasyLotto Toolbar is classified as a browser hijacker is due to its arbitrary activities and the methods it uses in distribution.
MyEasyLotto Toolbar acts like a typical browser hijacker – as soon as it is installed in the computer, it hastily alters the browser’s settings. From there, all your new tab URL, home page and search engine will be set to http://hp.myway.com. Because of this, you will be forced to use this toolbar every time you browse the internet. Aside from that, MyEasyLotto Toolbar also monitors all your online activities just so it can gather your information use it and share it with third parties to generate more targeted and customized ads to lure you into clicking them so that they can gain more profit from pay-per-click marketing. This clearly puts your information at risk and if you really care about your privacy, letting this program stay in your computer won’t be a very good idea at all. And as if that’s not enough, this toolbar will also deliver you nonstop ads every time you browse the web. So wherever you go, you will be trailed by ads of all kinds like banners, pop-ups, links, etc. And if you click on any of those ads, you might be redirected to potentially harmful websites that might contain some computer parasite.
How does MyEasyLotto Toolbar proliferate?
MyEasyLotto Toolbar just like other hijackers developed by Mindspark Interactive Inc. spreads through software bundles. These software bundles are distributed on free sharing sites. MyEasyLotto Toolbar is added as an extra program in a bundle which is actually hidden from the users. You will only get to see the extra programs in the bundle when you select the Custom or Advanced setup during the installation. However, if you opt for the quick or standard setup instead, it would be impossible for you to remove any optional components added in the bundle.
Get rid of MyEasyLotto Toolbar through the guide below, make sure you follow each step for successful removal.
Step 1: Tap Win + R keys to launch Run and then type in appwiz.cpl and then click OK or press Enter to open Control Panel.
Step 2: Look for any suspicious program that is affiliated with MyEasyLotto Toolbar and then Uninstall it.
Step 3: Hold down Windows + E keys simultaneously to open File Explorer.
Step 4: Navigate to the following directories and look for a folder named feeidicocfobomaabepnamkfbepcdhjc and file called [email protected] as well as other suspicious files associated to MyEasyLotto Toolbar and delete it/them.
- C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Extensions
- C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Extension Settings
- C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Sync Extension Settings
- C:\Users\[your username]\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[unique Mozilla ID]\extensions
Step 5: Close the File Explorer.
Step 6: Empty your Recycle Bin.
Step 7: Reset Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox back to their default settings.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for MyEasyLotto Toolbar or any other unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Select “Open a specific page or set of pages”.
- Click the More actions button next to the hijacker and click Remove.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted toolbar.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section and then restart the browser.
To make sure that nothing is amiss and that MyEasyLotto Toolbar is completely removed from your computer, follow the advanced steps below.
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOSscreen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Optionuse the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Boxwill show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading the program. Installation will start automatically once download is done.
- Click OK to launch it.
- Run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click REMOVE ALL.
- Register the program to protect your computer from future threats.