What is You Have Been Selected To Participate In A Survey Scam? And how does it work?
You Have Been Selected To Participate In A Survey Scam, as its name suggests, is a survey scam that urges users to answer a couple of questions in exchange for a gift – a gift where users will supposedly shoulder the shipping fee. If you have encountered this survey scam more often than not, you need to be careful and don’t fall for its tricks as it is nothing but a fake alert that targets gullible users.
If you are seeing this survey scam regularly, chances are, your computer is infected with adware or ad-supported program that brings nothing but dozens of ads and redirects to suspicious sites, one of which is the site that displays the You Have Been Selected To Participate In A Survey scam. Clearly, this scam aims to obtain information from users by bribing them with some kind of a gift that’s nonexistent. So you should know better than to engage in this kind of scam.
How do You Have Been Selected To Participate In A Survey scam circulate the web?
You can get redirected to the site displaying this survey scam when you click on misleading ads. But once again, if you keep seeing this scam on a regular basis, then your computer is infected with an adware that’s been triggering these redirects. Adware programs travel the web in software bundles where they are added as optional components in a software package. To avoid such programs, make sure you use the Custom or Advanced setup in installing software bundles.
Use the removal guide below as a reference in removing the “You Have Been Selected To Participate In A Survey” scam.
Step 1: If the browser is forced into the full-screen mode where “You Have Been Selected To Participate In A Survey” is being displayed, tap F11 to exit your browser.
Step 2: After that, try to close the browser manually. If you find it hard to do so, close the browser through the Task Manager.
Step 3: Tap the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to launch the Task Manager.
Step 4: Once you’ve pulled up the Task Manager, go to the Processes tab and look for the affected browser’s process and end it by clicking End Task or End Process.
Step 5: Close the Task Manager and tap the Win + R keys to open Run and then type in appwiz.cpl to open Control Panel to uninstall the adware program behind the fake alert.
Step 6: Look for the adware program or any unfamiliar program under the list of installed programs and once you’ve found it, uninstall it.
Step 7: Close the Control Panel and tap the Win + E keys to open File Explorer.
Step 8: Navigate to the following directories and look for the adware installer like the software bundle it came with as well as other suspicious files and delete them.
Step 9: Close the File Explorer and empty your Recycle Bin.
Step 10: Reset all your browsers by default.
- Launch Internet Explorer.
- Tap Alt + T and select Internet options.
- Click the General tab and then overwrite the URL under the homepage section.
- Click OK to save the changes.
- Now switch to the Advanced tab and click the Reset button.
- Then check the box for “Delete personal settings” and then click Reset again.
- Launch Google Chrome, press Alt + F, move to More tools, and click Extensions.
- Look for any unwanted add-ons, click the Recycle Bin button, and choose Remove.
- Restart Google Chrome, then tap Alt + F, and select Settings.
- Navigate to the On Startup section at the bottom.
- Click on Advanced.
- After that, click the Reset button to reset Google Chrome.
- Open the browser and tap Ctrl + Shift + A to access the Add-ons Manager.
- In the Extensions menu Remove the unwanted extension.
- Restart the browser and tap keys Alt + T.
- Select Options and then move to the General menu.
- Overwrite the URL in the Home Page section.
- Tap Alt + H to access Help.
- Next, select “Troubleshooting information” and click “Refresh Firefox” at the top of the page.
- Now click “Refresh Firefox” again to confirm the reset.
To make sure “You Have Been Selected To Participate In A Survey” is completely eliminated as well as the adware program behind it, follow the advanced steps below:
Perform a full system scan using SpyRemover Pro. To do so, follow these steps:
- Turn on your computer. If it’s already on, you have to reboot
- After that, the BIOS screen will be displayed, but if Windows pops up instead, reboot your computer and try again. Once you’re on the BIOS screen, repeat pressing F8, by doing so the Advanced Option shows up.
- To navigate the Advanced Option use the arrow keys and select Safe Mode with Networking then hit
- Windows will now load the SafeMode with Networking.
- Press and hold both R key and Windows key.
- If done correctly, the Windows Run Box will show up.
- Type in explorer http://www.fixmypcfree.com/install/spyremoverpro
A single space must be in between explorer and http. Click OK.
- A dialog box will be displayed by Internet Explorer. Click Run to begin downloading the program. The installation will start automatically once a download is done.
- Click OK to launch it.
- Run SpyRemover Pro and perform a full system scan.
- After all the infections are identified, click the REMOVE ALL button.